Time in Madison, Alabama

Friday, September 17, 2010

Finished the cards I was hired to make!

It's not as much fun as u would think! Now I get to do what I want to do! Actually, I'll be making cards for a friends fund-raising auction....but I feel this is what I need to do next.

So here are the cards I made. Dear hubby helped me with the birthday card for the guy in the Navy. Used the Stand and Salute cartridge on this one.



I had some wavy 'foil-like' paper that I just had to use--so found a boarder with little boats and water--and I think it works!

I like the way the frame looks and cut it in blue and white and just used the white hat--"lightly" inked around it so it wouldn't get lost in the phase. The button in the right top corner I pick up in a pack a long time ago. I came close several times to throwing it out--but it has and anchor on it and worked great.



The other birthday card is one for a guy that has a birthday on Halloween! I used the layout and cut-outs that Mary at Cardz TV made last year. The cartridge used was Paper Doll Dress-up. I added the google eyes in the background--thought that gave it a 'spooky' look too!



I don't remember where I got the 'happy birthday-the 50 candles or the cup cake' If I find them later I will update!.




Both these cards are made 8 1/2 x 5 1/2--and had to make lots of adjustments on my sizing.


Hint: Use cute buttons for accents--just use scissors or wire cutters to cut off the hooping thing on the back--and a extra tip--put your hand and button and scissors/wire cutters in a bag--so if it goes flying off--it's in the bag and you don't have to go looking for it! I use a large (gallon?) zip-lock top bag. Sometimes I have to use a nail file to smooth the back down to flat.

Remember--I thrive on comments!!!!

Until next time!!

Hugs--Storylady

3 comments:

  1. Great job these are both awesome cards! I love the 'bone to be wild' saying! Great tip on cutting the shanks off of buttons ~ I have had to go looking for those flying pieces before, TFS!

    ReplyDelete