Time in Madison, Alabama

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mom is adjusting....

Mom seems to be adjusting as best she can. I am so thankful that my other two sisters are there to visit and make sure she is doing what she needs to do to get back home, where she wants to be.

I had a few questions, so here goes.

I got one of my favorite cartridges ever, Create a Critter!!!

I didn't think this would be for me, since my baby girl is 17! But this is great and so fun to use. I watched "Glenda's Marker Method", and just when you think you know it all, bingo--a new method! I'm going to start trying to us markers some instead of glue down all those letters and phrases!

The next cartridge I got is "Just Because" cards, and this is fun for my new passion and ministry 'Operation Write Home'. Check it out--when you make one card, why not make two and send one to OWH!

The one I'm still waiting for is 'Straight from the Nest'. This is an exclusive HSN cartridge, so I had to order it from them. Mary on 'Cardz TV' got me hooked on this one and just had to have it. Check her out, I've learn more from her than anyone else, and she is a great teacher and wonderful lady!

Now I must confuss--I ordered 'Fabulous Finds' because I want to make some mini-albums, and it has some really neat items to use with them.

I also ordered containers for card storage. I got two, one for personal cards and one for the OWH cards.

I also got some containers to make holders for my cartridges and books/overlays (Click). I need to get to WalMart to get the plastic canvas to make the dividers. I found this method on Splatpat blog.

Guess I have lots of pictures to take!

I forgot the question about the buttons. It's a HUGE punch, that not only makes two round buttons (different sizes) and a square one--it embosses the two round ones. I think the next time I use them, I will use some twine to tie in them and use a dimensional to raise it up some to make it look more believable--but I can make a button in ANY color or even pattern paper--how cool is that!

I also got the EK edging punch. They stack so cool for storage and the 'scalloped' scallop is so cute.

Love to all. May God bless each and every one of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment