Time in Madison, Alabama

Sunday, February 28, 2010

I've been busy.....

Feeling better and running behind!

So I wanted to get some Birthday Cards done in advance, so I used my new favorite thing.....centering sentiments that I run off of the computer!!!

And then used one of my favorite cards....the S-fold card. You just have to be picky on the phrases and verses you use, because there is not alot of space for them.

The only difference is one has the word sister in it. That one is for a dear friend at church who calls me her sister (through the family of Christ our Savior)! The other difference is I increased the size of Happy Birthday--had more room than I thought. Oh, and forgot--I highlighted the flowers edge--as I did the did slightly on the edge of the sentiments.

Card two

Two Birthday Cards

Inside

Outside Sentiment

Good color picture



Terry, my dear hubby, bought me a huge pack of all different colors of cardstock--from Hobby Lobby, I think. It has a HUGE hue of colors--I just love it. I cut one of each (they are 8 1/2 x 11), to have cards ready to make in a hurry.

Details:Happy Birthday Card
Font: CaslonNo540SwaD
Happy Birthday one 18 pt/second 24 pt
Front verse: one 14 pt/second 14 pt

Start with a 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 pc of cardstock
fold in middle--card size--4 1/4 x 5 /12
fold one size in half--to outside fold

Front pattern paper mat: 2 x 5 1/4
Inside pattern paper mat: 4 x 5 1/4

Cartridges used: Sweet Treats (flower-pg 50) and Stretch your Imagination (for mats & sentiments--centered--pg 78)

Flower (? paper) regular flower then shift inside flower then layers-reg inside of flower all at 1 1/2"

Mats--front--Stretch your Imagination-(pg 78-blackout-reg--center-3")
Mat--inside--SYI-(blackout-reg--center-2 1/2")
Sentiments--front--SYI-(blackout-reg--center-2 3/4")
Sentiments--inside--SYI-(blackout-reg--center-2 1/4)

1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful cards Linda! Did you know you won the grand prize for February!!! Send me your addy to my email address on Cardz TV and I'll get your prize out to you in tomorrow's mail. Congratulations!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete