Time in Madison, Alabama

Thursday, February 25, 2010

I learned something new...

But first I'm going to keep my promise and give the imformation on this card.

This is the Doily Card on the Wild Card Cartridge page 52.
I used K&Company paper-Designer Paper
cut card @ 4"
cut env @ 4" (shift)
cut frame @ 4" (frame)
cut liner @ 4" (liner-shift)
cut liner @ 4" (liner)

I had seen that on a Cricut Expression, you can center something and draw a design around it....it scared me, but I thought..self--what the heck--I waste one sheet of paper....so--it worked--well, not exactly--I always forget that the cricut cuts landscape...so once I turned the paper (it does have a button I could have used to do it portrait) it worked PERFECT!!! I'm going to be using this alot--

I used it on the front with the Happy Birthday



and then for the verse on the inside.


I used CK Calligraphy, size 16 in black. I did shadow the print-outs with a teal and a black.


The envelope had a liner also, that looked great....

and the double sided paper with differenct colors added some zing!

If any of you have the Cricut Expression and have not tried this...I recommend it HIGHLY!!! I have trouble cutting words out--they always tear and I don't get the right size....and I don't have alot of stamps--I new at this and just starting out--so this is GREAT news for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment